By using one QR code across many lessons, you can significantly cut down on your printing needs. One answer sheet can be used for any number of tests. You can also use a QR code in classrooms to send students to an online test that has been created for them by their teacher. This is especially useful when students are absent and need to take a test at home.
QR codes are also useful for distributing homework assignments and tests. Instead of giving out papers with the assignment on it, you can scan the QR code on the paper and direct students to their assigned work online. When it comes to grading tests, you can use a QR code to print out the results of each student's work without having to scan each paper separately!
Students can use their phones or tablets to bring any topic to life and get more information when they scan a QR code. Imagine if you could point your phone at a poster of the solar system and instantly find out more about the planets, or point it at a picture of the Pyramids in Egypt and find out how they were built. You can do this with Flowcode’s QR code generator for schools!
QR codes on teachers’ pictures and bios around the school can drive more information about them. Teachers are often busy people and do not have time to update their bios often. This is why a mobile-friendly website is ideal for teachers. The website can be updated as needed without having to wait for someone else to edit it.
Teachers should also have a way for parents and students to contact them directly. This can include email addresses, phone numbers, and other ways of reaching them quickly. Flowcode provides a free QR code generator for schools that makes creating these QR codes easy.
Key Flowcode features you get
Teachers are using Flowcode as a way to provide quick access to information or resources for their students. Flowcode’s QR codes are a gateway to a vast amount of information and resources that can help students.
Some examples of how teachers might use QR codes include:
- Linking to websites, online articles, or videos that students can access from their devices.
- Sharing a teacher's email address, phone number, or other contact information with students and parents.
- Creating interactive activities like QR code scavenger hunts or puzzles, where students scan codes to access clues or information needed to complete an assignment or project.
- Sharing multimedia content with their students like lectures, presentations, and other classroom activities.
Read more about why teachers use Flowcode in their classrooms.
There are many ways to use QR codes in your classroom, such as:
- Accessing learning materials such as e-books, videos, and articles related to the lesson.
- Distributing assignments or assessments that can be completed and submitted online by students.
- Creating a virtual attendance system where students can scan a code to register their attendance.
- Posting QR codes around the classroom that link to related multimedia resources that improve learning and display additional information.
- Sharing information like school policies, schedules, and announcements.
Here are some more creative ideas you can use for your classroom.
All newly released smartphones have built-in QR readers so there’s no longer a need to download a QR reader app. Students simply:
- Open their smartphone’s camera
- Point it at the code
- Tap the link that the QR code displays
Read more about how QR codes work.
Yes, teachers can create QR codes for free with Flowcode. Teachers can customize the QR codes:
We also allow teachers to update the destination of the QR code whenever, meaning that as their lessons change, the QR code doesn’t.
Try making a free QR code with our QR code generator
QR codes can be used in education, whether that’s in the classroom, in administration, or in communication with parents. You can link to:
- Educational resources around the classroom
- Homework and exam dates
- Extracurricular activities around school
Read more on Flowcode’s Guide to QR Codes in Education
There are many advantages of using QR codes in the teaching/learning process. QR codes:
- Provide quick and easy-to-access content and information
- Engage students with interactive learning that encourages exploration and discovery
- Enhance learning using visual elements
- Supports accessibility and inclusion with ADA compliance tools and other cultural support systems.
- Increases motivation and engagement with learning materials
- Allows for quick assessment through scanning
- Enhances collaboration and communication among students and educators