Best practices for sharing videos with QR codes
Key features you get with Flowcode
QR codes can be linked to a video's URL. Then, when the code is scanned, it directs the user's smartphone or device to the video, allowing for quick and easy sharing.
You cannot directly click a QR code in a video. Instead, you would need to capture the image of the QR code with your smartphone camera while it is on screen. If there is not enough time, pause the video and scan the code.
YouTube videos do not inherently have QR codes, but content creators can include them in their video or description for promotional or informational purposes. To add a QR code to your YouTube videos, you will need to create one on a generator like Flowcode.com and upload the embeddable image to your video with your chosen editing software.
Using a QR code to share a video can significantly simplify and expedite the process of arriving at a digital destination. Rather than needing to search for the video manually, users can simply scan the QR code and be directed straight to your content. Not only does this save time, but it also eliminates any potential confusion or mistakes in finding the video. Moreover, QR codes can be shared both digitally and physically (like on a poster or print ad), making them extremely versatile. It's a convenient, user-friendly method of sharing content that can greatly enhance the viewer's experience.
Flowcode has made the process of creating a shareable QR code simple and efficient. Here’s how to do it:
- To start, determine what content you'd like to share. This could be a URL of a website, a video, an image, a PDF, or even a text message.
- Once you've decided on the content, if it's a URL, simply copy the link.
- Navigate to the Flowcode platform and click on 'Create Flowcode'.
- Paste the copied URL into the URL field of the generator.
- Customize your QR code with colors, patterns, and logos to fit your brand. With Flowcode, you have the ability to create eye-catching, dynamic QR codes that stand out.
- Once you're happy with the design, click on 'Create Flowcode'. Your custom, shareable QR code is now ready.
Thereafter, this code can be downloaded and used on various platforms–including both digital and physical. When this QR code is scanned, it will take users directly to the content you've linked, creating a seamless sharing experience.
QR codes can be linked to almost any online destination. That means you can generate a code that links to a page with multiple videos on it. For example, Flowcode offers landing pages that can host a gallery of videos. Flowcode’s higher tiers also offer Smart Rules, which allow a code to have multiple destinations that vary depending on when, where, or how a code is scanned. For example, a code could link to different videos depending on whether it’s scanned with an Apple device or an Android device.