In today's digital age, one of the most important things you can do to promote your business or brand is to ensure your contact information is readily available to everyone you meet.
Luckily, with advancements in technology, gone are the days of sharing information over text. It’s all about speed now. Maybe you’re at a trade show meeting a potential business partner, or just a quick interaction on the street with an old friend — sharing your contact info should be as easy as tapping or scanning your phone.
However, it’s not just your name and phone number that are important. Social media profiles, payment information, and other personalized details about yourself should be available in a dash. Think of all this information as your digital business card.
There are many options for building a digital business card, but in this article, we compare two popular providers: Flowtag and Popl.
What is a digital business card?
A digital business card is an online way of sharing contact information. With the growing popularity of QR codes, it's common to see QR codes on physical business cards as a means to directly connect people to your digital world.
Two big players in the digital business card world are Flowtag and Popl. Both services provide a fast and reliable way to share information, but after comparing them in depth, the strongest option for your needs is Flowtag. Let’s break down both providers, then tell you why:
How Flowtag works
Flowtag enables an entire social media ecosystem, allowing you to easily share your contact information, social media profiles, payment apps, and other information right from the back of your phone. Imagine if you met a new business partner or friend and wanted to quickly communicate this information; well, Flowtag streamlines the entire process.
Here’s how it works:
1. Order your Flowtag. For prices ranging from $0 - $5, you can order your Flowtag. Each tag is shaped like a QR code and can be custom designed to match your style, brand, or personality.
2. Create your page. Once you receive your tag, you’ll also be able to create your own mobile landing page, aka Flowpage, and customize it according to your brand. Choose from a free, scan-only page or an affordable “scan and tap” option that enables instant sharing with either a camera scan or a tap using integrated NFC technology — like you would with contactless Apple Pay.
3. Start connecting. Stick your custom code to the back of your phone, and you’ll have an easy way to share your personalized page with whomever you choose.
How Popl works
Popl offers similar capabilities for creating a digital business card and other products embedded with your QR code.
Here’s how it works:
1. Choose a Popl product. Whether you need a simple digital card or promotional products such as keychains, Popl provides a range of products.
2. Download the app. To make a mobile landing page connected to your Popl tag, you’ll need to pay $7.99 a month to ensure your business profile is connected.
3. Activate your Popl. Once you’ve received your Popl device, activate it on your profile in the app.
4. Start Connecting. Tap your device to another Popl tag. People who tap your Popl will need to turn on their NFC settings before they can tap to scan.
Why Flowtag is better than Popl
Although Flowtag and Popl offer similar capabilities, Flowtag is the best choice when you consider its unique advantages. When it comes down to it, reviewers of Popl say that it’s too expensive, too much work to set up, and too difficult to share contact information. But don’t take it from us, check out actual reviews on their Amazon page.
Reviews are helpful, but let’s also show the facts:
- With a free option and low-priced scan-and-tap technology, Flowtag is much more economical. Popl’s options start at $19.99 and can run upwards of nearly $200. Yup, you read that right.
- Flowtag has powerful, built-in features included, such as Flowcode and Flowpage, two established platforms with millions of codes and pages created to date. Considering all these options are free from Flowcode, it doesn’t make sense to pay a monthly fee for access to similar tools.
- Flowtag offers incredible design capabilities, helping your design stand out and leave a lasting impression with anyone you meet.
- Need bulk ordering? Analytics reports? Flowtag has you covered.
- Although Flowtag offers the option for scan and tap via NFC, it does not rely on this technology for the product to function. Due to the potential for different device types and lack of education surrounding NFC technology, Flowtag provides a QR code on each tag for seamless connections.
- Best of all, you don’t need another app on your phone for Flowtag. It’s a super simple setup, with easy account management from your flowcode.com account.
Digital business cards are supposed to be quick, seamless, and easy to set up. Popl is far from that.
After doing a deep dive on both products, it’s clear that Flowtag is more versatile, user-friendly, and economical than Popl.
To find out more and to order a Flowtag for free, head over to Get Flowtag.