Best practices for driving purchases with QR codes
Turn any physical marketing collateral into an opportunity for product purchase. On any OOH marketing materials, from direct mailers to A-frames in malls, you can instantly bring interested customers to your e-commerce storefront. Bringing consumers online catches them in a moment of high intent and makes the shopping experience so seamless they won’t think twice about it. Similarly, adding a QR code on products can help incentivize additional product discoverability for existing users and help drive repurchase. Enabling customers to eshop with QR codes drives purchase by meeting them halfway; users today shop on mobile experiences consistently. Harness the power of these consumer trends and help customers go from awareness, to consideration, to conversion in a few easy steps. Scan, shop, and check-out with already existing pre-filled Apple Pay and Paypal mobile configurations. Lighting fast purchasing means more dollars in your pocket.
Today shoppers rely heavily on their mobile devices for shopping, even when they are physically in a storefront. Omni-channel shopping is the new normal – in order to keep up with the pace, entice your customers with an engaging blend of offline and online experiences. Re-imagine the in-store experience by using QR codes on products or on in-store kiosks. Leverage Flowcode QR codes to instantly bring shoppers to product demonstration videos, quickly access product reviews or related items, or enable them to check-out instantly online to skip the long store line or the hassle of carrying around products. Adding QR codes in your storefront provides shoppers with a deeply interactive experience that empowers them with information on an instantly available touchpoint. Help move indecisive shoppers over the edge with a pleasant shopping experience and build trust in your brand and product.
Let’s face it, paid TV ads are incredibly costly. However, they’re a great way to capture an audience’s attention. Get the most out of your paid air time when you add a QR code redirect to your website embedded directly into your ad. This enables potential buyers to engage instantly and more effectively with your ad by bringing them directly to your website. E-commerce QR codes enable users to seamlessly go from learning about your brand to exploring your brand's mission, browsing products, and even purchasing your product on the spot. Cut out the lag time and friction of customers searching for your website or product online; reducing these additional steps helps drive more consumers closer to your end goal of sales. Leverage Flowcode TV to effectively drive conversions and sales from your TV ads by making the product purchasing experience for consumers painless and instantaneous. Never lose a customer again!
Key features you get with Flowcode
Yes, there are numerous ways that QR codes can be used in stores in order to improve customer experiences. They are perfect for merging the advantages of physical and online stores into a cohesive unit. Here are some use cases for using QR codes in stores:
- Link customers to a store's website or online store, where they can make purchases of things not available in the physical store, browse instore catalogs, watch promotional videos, and more. This allows businesses to gather data on their customers in ways not possible in physical stores.
- Offer discounts and special offers to people who scan QR codes that are placed in strategic places of the store. QR codes can be used to direct people around stores, with discounts and offers being the incentive for shopping longer and checking out more products for special offers.
- Create loyalty programs that people can access by scanning QR codes.
- Provide product information on packages, receipts, and shelf talkers.
- Allow customers to make payments directly from their phones.
- Create virtual store tours that can guide customers around the store.
- Gather customer feedback through surveys for incentives.
QR codes are growing in popularity as a means of tracking sales, providing businesses with an easy way to monitor their sales performance. Here are some of the ways QR codes can help track sales:
- Use QR codes to track sales across different channels, including online, in-store, and at events.
- Track conversions to gather data on how many people scanned the QR code and performed an action.
- Monitor customer engagement to identify which products are the most popular.
- Measure the effectiveness of promotional campaigns, and optimize business strategies.
- QR codes can be used to track customer loyalty, allowing businesses to reward loyal customers and incentivize repeat purchases.
- Use the data gathered from QR codes to retarget audiences with online advertising like Meta Ads and Google.
Using an eCommerce QR code is an efficient and secure way to make purchases and speed up the checkout process. Here are some examples of how to use an eCommerce QR code:
- Have pop-up stores in the physical world where customers can scan the QR code with their smartphone. Now customers can access product information and reviews, compare prices, and make secure payments all through one simple-to-use portal.
- Simplify checkouts by putting QR codes at checkout. This eliminates the need for customers to manually enter their payment information.
- Create loyalty programs with QR codes. For example, customers can scan the QR code to receive discounts or rewards.
- Put QR codes onto flyers, receipts, billboards, business cards, posters, and more, and activate your customers in the real world.
It’s simple to create a QR code for your shop.
- Choose a QR code generator. Depending on your needs, there are free and paid plans that offer a variety of different benefits. Flowcode’s free QR code generator is a good place to get started since the codes never expire, and the link can be changed whenever, without having to print new codes and marketing materials.
- Choose your QR code shape. There are a few options.
- Choose your QR code color.
- Select the internal dox matrix pattern.
- Insert your linked destination.
- Upload your logo
- Affix to places like business cards, flyers, billboards, receipts, and more.
- Track your progress using analytics.
Check out Flowcode’s free QR code generator to see what works best for your eCommerce company.
Sometimes it can be confusing to know where eCommerce QR codes can be placed. That’s because rarely do people associate eCommerce with the physical world. Here are some places where eCommerce QR codes can be placed:
- They can be placed on flyers which can be put around contextual places where people may want to shop for a product but don’t have the ability to carry it with them. Think of sporting games, concerts, or even in the window of your shop.
- eCommerce QR codes can be placed on receipts, making it easy to reorder the item, learn more about the product, or take a survey.
- eCommerce QR codes work well on billboards, allowing customers to quickly scan and pursue the brand when they see the billboard.
- They can be affixed to business cards that can be handed out at stores, or trade shows.
- QR codes on banners are a great way to get more engagement.
Dynamic QR codes offer an innovative way to engage customers and drive eCommerce sales. Here are some use cases for how dynamic QR codes can be used for eCommerce:
- Offer discounts or loyalty points to customers who scan a dynamic QR code at the point of purchase. Different offers can be made based on different times, days, and device types.
- Provide personalized product recommendations to customers based on their past purchases.
- Create interactive experiences for customers in-store by providing information or videos about products that can be accessed by scanning a dynamic QR code. These experiences can be changed depending on the time of day, day of the week, and device type.
- Allow customers to connect to customer service reps or customer service chatbots through a dynamic QR code.
- Offer special deals or promotions to customers at different times of the day or days of the week by providing different links in the dynamic QR code.
- Allow for a seamless checkout process by providing a dynamic QR code that customers can scan to enter their payment information.
- Create a pop-up shop and direct customers to your online store with QR codes.